DAY 8- Sunday, Isle of Wight

Last day of holidays. (Sigh....) So much to see so little time and where to start?So we decided to start with the zoo. Which was really cool. I don't think I've ever been that close to some seriously big cats. I could have reached out and touched them! For some reason though I didn't really feel like sticking my fingers through the fence. It was kind of strange actually as they had a sign on the monkey cage saying "Caution Lemurs can bite!"but nothing on any other cages. Another fearsome trek, this time by foot and we were off to see the Romans. Supposedly the Isle of Wight was quite big in Roman times. Declared itself a seperate state and all that. Anyway, the guy's house we visited was obviously doing quite well for himself because he'd had the floor of each room turned into a mosaic. After that there was no putting it off any longer. It was time to take the long trek home andit was loooooong. We arrived back in Hastings around 10 as the train line was having maintenance done.


1 Comments:
nice mosaic
Post a Comment
<< Home