Goodbye Old Town, Hello Bohemia
Well the time has come and we've sadly farewelled the lovely part of town protected by the East and West Hills. The Old Town was our home and our security blanket, and it also helped that we had our adopted parents living around the corner to run to if we ever needed help. But we've ventured into the big, wide world of Hastings to find ourselves in a place called Bohemia (yes, seriously it's name is actually Bohemia- look it up if you don't believe me). The funny thing is that we should have learnt from our experience of The Old Town that a place name in Hastings has that name for a reason... Bohemia is full of crazy cat lady, aging hippy, arty farty types and here we are smack in the middle. Let's just say that we are still getting used to coming to a smoked hazed house that reeks of mixture of incense and marijuana (I won't mention that the weed smoker is a 50 year old supply teacher for our school, who is also a crazy cat lady). Pretty scandalous huh?
Room with a view- out our bedroom window
I really miss hearing the ocean from the Old Town but I don't miss the sound of drunks coming out from the pub on a Friday and Saturday night so I guess there are pay offs for everything. We also now have full television and mobile reception (woo hoo) but our free wireless internet supply is no longer. Oh well, you can't win it all I guess. One of my new favourite things is that I now have a pet cat and some sweet squirrels (crazy cat lady lets them run around her kitchen downstairs- ewww), we also have some pretty special views of the massive park, woodland and West Hill. I really think I could get used to this bohemian lifestyle.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home