I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...
Something nice for this week I think as my last entries haven't been all that pleasant. I've been fighting some disgusting English flu so I feel as rough as guts. Anyway, this is a little photo of our street all dressed up for Christmas. It looks really beautiful with all the lights and the little Christmas trees suspended from all the buildings.

Christmas is actually pretty full on here and little Christmas markets have started popping up everywhere. Hastings had a Christmas market last weekend selling roasted chestnuts, Christmas decorations and all sorts of quaint little gifts. The town of Battle which is really close to us has gone all out with it's decorations and markets too. I went there last week for a department dinner and it was so special seeing the historic Battle Abbey with all the lights. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me so I will have to go back there before Christmas to show Mark.
I really hope it starts to snow soon as I am so over the rain and the awful wind. I'm really beginning to feel like Forrest Gump:
Forrest: One day it started raining, and it didn't quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin' rain... and big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath.
Although, I can add another type of rain to that list- sleet rain. It's just wrong.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home